Marti's Theories

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Oglebay Park


I had the BEST day...

Lately my kid has been a little lost in the vacation shuffle - his cousins aren't here, Mom's been running around hanging with friends, etc. So I decided that yesterday would be one of Our Days.

There's a sprawling park near Wheeling, West Virginia (about 30 minutes from here) called Oglebay Park that is not only beautiful but has a bunch of cool activities. So yesterday we headed to Oglebay. (pronounced O gul bee)

For a mere $12.50 per person, we purchased wrist bands that allowed us to

Swim
Fish
Pedal Boat
Miniature Golf
Hang out with a glass blower (oh, stop )
Go to a zoo
Play on a par 3 golf course
Lose a bucket of balls on a driving range
and all kinds of other stuff.

WHAT a deal! If you're ever around the area, check it out.

Some random thoughts that floated through my relaxed brain:

Sometime last year someone on the blogs assigned me the song Miss Chantelain, by kd lang. Never heard it until the other day when I downloaded it onto my mp3 thing. Have you ever heard it? What a WONDERFUL song! If I ever fall in love again, I want THAT to be the song to describe how I get.

I love my mp3 player. Still.

Have been listening to "Reflections Of My Life" for thirty years. Now when I hear it, it reminds me of one of you fools. Get outta my brain! (kidding, it's fun)

This phrase wandered through while I was fishing/listening to tunes:
Music is the thread that ties my life together.

I watched the parents playing with their kids on the swingsets, looked over at this adult sized thing with me and got temporarily nostalgic. Then he took the fish off my hook for me, cracked a witty pun and patted me on the head. I realized that old kids are even more fun than the little ones.

Things we know about ourselves:
Like it or not, I am a private sector hotel career person. LOVE teaching college classes, but I miss business like one misses a lover that just can't be resisted.


At the end, we were hot, tired and hungry enough to be cranky so we hit the Lodge at Oglebay. Jackpot! Friday night seafood buffet, life music, wonderful food, beautiful place, etc etc etc...

When I finish this post, I think I'm going to send my resume to the Oglebay Park Lodge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home