Marti's Theories

Monday, July 03, 2006

WHY Did I Let Her Do This To ME????

Right before I left on vacation, I did the hair thing - colored the grey and had the cool blonde streaks put back in. I absolutely love the woman whom I refer to as my Head Handler. She asked if I wanted to get it cut and I said, "Nah, it doesn't quite need it yet."

Big mistake.

A MAJOR WTF was I thinking moment.

I've been gone for weeks, I have that weird kind of curly hair that people do NOT mean when they say they wish they had naturally curly hair.

Thanks to the science of recent cutting techniques, blow dryers, those big round brushes and flat irons, I, and a small pit crew can coax my hair into actually looking like hair. And I love that.

But when it gets too long on the top, it falls over and doesn't make sense. (Guys and straight haired women, don't feel bad about skimming the rest - it's ok). BUT...I only trust the person, back home in Hawaii, that cuts it. But again, it was driving me nuts.

So for the past week I've been going through a "to cut or not to cut" Hamlet-worthy dilemma.

Yesterday I told Debbie that I might as well get it cut, cause I'll bitch about it if I don't. She, who has known me for 30+ years replied, "You'll bitch if you don't but you'll bitch about it if you do."

So I did.

I now have possibly the worst haircut in my life.

I am not exagerrating. In the middle of hanging with people I haven't seen in years and even people I've never met in person, and for the rest of my vacation I'll be marked as the person with the bad haircut.

IT'S TOO FREAKIN' SHORT! It's uneven. My bangs are longer on one side than the other. And, the worst part, it looks like one of those 'easy' haircuts women my age get when they no longer care about how they look.

I'm miserable about this. WHAAAAAAAA!!!!


I also believe that everything happens for a reason, so now I'm wondering wtf the lesson is.

Any ideas????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home