Marti's Theories

Friday, August 25, 2006

Just Call Me Sybil


All right, let's review:

I've been blogging on another website for over a year now. I love the folks that are there, but am looking for something more mainstream.

In the quest for this, I now have various degrees of Blog-in-Process on four (count em) four different sites.

And at the moment, I don't really have time to devote to developing a cohesive thought on any of em.

Why?

Gliding right past the lack of cohesion in my thought process in general, I will blame it on what I consider my annual Hell Week.

I am the sole staff for a college outreach facility in a very rural area and this is the first week of Fall Semester. During this week more than any other, I morph into someone from the I Love Lucy episode where the old couple quite literally wear all the hats in their small town - Police officer, Jailer, Attorney, Judge, Gas station attendant, Cook, you get the picture. Anyway, this week I am Counselor, Registrar, Cashier, Clerk, Coordinator, Site Manager, Technician, Spring 07 planner, etc etc etc. Whew...I'm exhausted just writing it.

In addition to all that, I am also on a mayor-appointed committee that sponsors a huge Women's Health Fair that falls on the last Saturday in August. So I've also spent the week dealing with that.

Why am I telling you all this?

I have no idea.

In other news...

Using soy milk in coffee takes a great deal of effort and practice.

Know how slightly curdled milk looks in coffee (altogether now: "Ewwwww") Anyway, soy milk SOMETIMES does that, although it does NOT mean it's spoiled. And I finally figured out why--

If the coffee is too hot, it basically cooks the soy.

Whaddya think of that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home